Name:
Location: Stroud, Glos, United Kingdom

Thursday, October 06, 2005

A New Venture

I have just taken the plunge into AIS.

Automated income streams. The idea being - money for nothing. Well, nearly nothing.

In this instance I have purchased a Bonsai Guide website, the aim of which is to generate an income from adsense, the sale of e-books (one with the site and others via clickbank) and the sale of advertising space on the site.

Obviously the success of the site relies totally on the amount of traffic generated.

Should be an interesting project.

The initial aim is to cover the cost of the site and to cover the web hosting and domain registration costs.

Will it work? We will see.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rich,

Is the AIS site from Burt?

Java Roasters

1:13 AM  
Blogger richandzhaoyan said...

Hi,

Yep, its a Burt special - Unlike many others who are going for the 100 sites (100 x $1/day) attempt, I was just very interested to see how the sites were put together and what works and doesnt work.

The template system Burt uses is a pretty nifty piece of software but as he has stated elsewhere, he has done a lot of extra work to each site to improve the stock setup. The e-book, clickbank links, directory listings, etc..

I am working on my own one now. I havent splashed the cash on the template software but am doing it by hand so its a bit longwinded (but a lot cheaper!). Will be pretty much a direct copy but under a different theme/topic. Hope to have it ready sometime this weekend.

I hope to create several sites over the next few weeks and I will just try different methods of submitting to search engines, list them in different directories, change keyword ratios, try different pages for the ebooks, etc, etc and just generally hope to increase my knowledge of SEO/web design. Should all help to improve the shop site which has got to be the priority.

Cheers and thanks for stopping by,
Rich

4:42 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Rich,

I hope it does make you Rich :)

I would be interested in hearing your progress as Burt puts on his blog. Let me know if you reach your target of $1 per day.

Java Roasters

11:41 PM  
Blogger richandzhaoyan said...

Java,

Long way off the $1/day at present(about 1$ off to be precise!)

Gotta try these things though and if there is any hint of success I will put a lot more effort in.

Still waiting for a bit of spidering before I can give much more info.

Cheers,
Rich

12:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home