Name:
Location: Stroud, Glos, United Kingdom

Monday, September 15, 2008

Back to the World of Marketing

So, after what has evidently been a 2 year break from the world of internet marketing, I have decided to try my hand at it once again. Why, after the rather poor half hearted attempt of 2 years ago? Good question. No real answer other than the fact that I have decided to try and take a slightly different approach.

The last try was really an attempt at generating a whole bundle of small but very niche sites in the hope of making a few bucks a day out of adsense. Although I did make a few dollars with adsense, I never managed to generate the volume of sites required to increase the income to any worthwhile level.

So what with the different approach this time? Well, I figured that the way I work my 2 osCommerce sites, which actually provide me with my day job and a decent income is that I work with large product bases. Both sites have in the region of 8-10,000 products listed. This leads to enough sales to keep the business busy.

So, I am going to try affiliate marketing and rather than knocking out a whole bunch of niche sites to sell off, I am going to try and setup a handful of much larger sites.

As ever, fitting in any work on these sites will be tricky, the business and family have got to come first, so it will be the odd hour here and there late at night..... still, the first 2 projects are up and running.

shopping2buyonline.com is the first. This is an amazon site - basically listing amazons full product range. I cheated with this site as it is simply a sign up and pay monthly job. This obviously meant it was up and running quickly but unless I put a lot of work into changing the template, etc I would be very surprised if it ever gets to list in the search engines well. I am hoping to learn a bit from the site though in the hope that I can create my own, more unique version at a later stage.

The second site, uploaded tonight is marketing ebooks online. This is to be the start of an attempt to sell something with clickbank. Again, rather than pick out 1 or 2 CB products I figured it may be worth my while going through a whole portion of the CB feed and generating user friendly product names and descriptions for all the ebooks, software and services listed there. I know that this has been done before on many websites and I know that there are ready made CB sites available to buy online but the advantage of doing it yourself is that you should have slightly more unique content.

Of course both these sites will need marketing to really work and that is something I struggle with. I will probably try a few things but will mainly rely on the fact that they are large sites so hopefully a page or two will feature in some search engine.

The next and on going job will be to continue to populate the marketingebooksonline.com database with as many marketing resources as possible. This could take some time...... ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home