Name:
Location: Stroud, Glos, United Kingdom

Saturday, January 21, 2006

Busy minds but lazy hands doesnt get sites built!

Right, time for an AIS update....

Slow progress to be honest. Just over one week into my NPM subscription and the number of sites I have up and running is None.

So, not the best of starts and consequently no returns as yet. Still, the outgoings so far have only been the NPM subs (which have provided plenty of raw material and food for thought) and one domain name registered. So I am not under too much financial pressure with regards to having to push for results.

Have I been idle this last week? Far from it, I am completely shafted from the late nights toying with ideas and trying to set up the master plan. I have had a nice break tonight looking after my lad while the wife was at work - cooked (I made the chicken and mash - we made the "Tweeny" cakes!) and then watched Spiderman. Know though, the grey matter is churning into gear once again.

What I have in mind is to set up a network of sites. Basically, with the ready made sites from NPM I would like to create possibly 3 sites on each topic. One would be out of the box, as it comes. The second would be a modified version (slightly re-worded and possibly just juggle the template). And the third I am hoping to use a simple cms program with the articles copied into it, to get away from any likely problems with the adsense generating software and the search engines. I guess once the three sites are in place, I could then link between them. Also, I would like a central site that links to all the sites. I guess a blog is the easiest but I have another little idea that might do the job slightly better - more on that later ;)

Does it soud like a reasonable setup? I would be aiming at adsense income initially, maybe moving into e-book/affiliate sales also.

It is going to be alot of work - For anyone thinking about starting out in the AIS world, just remember AIS stands for Automated Income Stream - It is not an Automatically Created Income Stream - (If only there were such a thing!!) Its also going to cost a few quid to set in place. Working on the above theory, and with three niche topics supplied per month with NPM, I would be looking at creating a minimum of 9 sites/month, meaning 9 domain names registered (around £50/month outlay) plus the subs for NPM plus web hosting - When I decide upon a host. - I can see the financial risk kicking in way before the sites start to cover the cost.

Is it going to be worth it? Well, I could quote Burt about procrastination - but I am not entirely sure how to spell the word never mind what it means. As far as I am concerned, its a hobby - I cant go down the pub every night due to the little one upstairs and I need a break from working on the shop website - so why not have AIS as a hobby? If I dont make anything by this time next year - I will certainly have learnt a whole load more about the net which has gotta be a good thing for someone with an online shop.

One last thing for tonight - is anyone prepared to tell me what is a good price to be paying for domain registration and reseller hosting? I reckon I have found a pretty decent domain registration service but am definately looking for good quality but dirt cheap US reseller hosting. Again, I have foud some remarkably cheap providers but am a little wary - the prices vary so much - any "non-affiliate" recommendations would be welcome.

Cheers,
Rich

4 Comments:

Blogger greenaffiliate said...

I use www.hostgator.com ...I think it is $29.95 for a reseller plan with 7500mb and unlimited domains. I'm pretty happy with them.
Liz

3:53 AM  
Blogger richandzhaoyan said...

Gary - I will certainly check out resellerzoom.com, $4.95 certainly aint going to break the bank and the 50 sites will give me plenty to go at for the forseeable future!

Looking forward to recieving the details about the easy way to change the articles - Thanks.

Liz - hostgator was one of the hosts I was looking at, I think they do a similar plan at fairly reduced price which has unlimited domains but which you cant use for relling. That was the plan I was looking at and it is nice to get an opinion about them.

Thanks Both for posting,
Rich

9:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use Site5 for hosting. The RS-X special, 19.95 a month, unlimited domains, 4GB disk, 60GB Bandwidth, 3 different IPs. I haven't had any problems.

6:22 PM  
Blogger JavaRoasters said...

I use fxstudios.net, $30 CDN reseller account. 1 gig of space but the selling feature is Colin (cyanide in osC). He really works "with" you to make sure things are working the best that is possible for your needs. He is a super nice guy and will do everything possible to make sure you want to stay with his company.

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home