Name:
Location: Stroud, Glos, United Kingdom

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Time for a little AIS....

Ok, very brief post as its kinda late.

After what seems like many months of just packing and order processing, the Christmas flood is now finally over. Sure, the bank manager (and the wife!) aint going to be too happy but, to be perfectly honest, I am in need of the slow down.

Christmas was good on the internet and the shop didnt turn out too bad in the end.

Now though its time to take stock and start some work on the site. I am not short of ideas for the shop site but I also want to put a little time and effort into the AIS, at least for the first half of the year - A mans gotta have a hobby.

After some serious soul searching (should I or shouldnt I?) I finally took the plunge, just in the nick of time, to sign up for Burts latest recommendation - the NPM site.

Was it worth it? Far too early to say. It has to be said that on my current AIS income, its going to take me about another 3 years just to cover the costs of the Adsense site I purchased from Gary a few months ago!! Why havent I taken Gary up on his offer of a refund? Well, I have learnt a lot from that one little site (even if I didnt make alot as yet). Also, I failed miserably in the one part of the task that was my responsiblilty - the promotion of the site.

What do I think of the NPM? Again, the amount I stand to gain is primarily down to myself. After a brief scan of the products supplied for the price. Yes, there is a lot given, but they are given to all 750 subscribers - thats a lot of competition - Is this a problem? Well, after a quick scan of the forum, there are a suprising number of people who dont seem to understand the very basics of how to upload a ready made site to there webspace - thats not to say that they wont learn quickly but it gives some of the others a good head start.

I think the main gain to be made from joining a scheme like this is the ideas it generates. I will use the ready made websites provided but will also use the methods behind them to create my own (hopefully more unique) sites.

Anyhow, I gotta give it a try...... The couple of bucks I have made through adsense may not be enough to retire on but the feeling of "money for nothing" is Oh so sweet!

My plan is to get my own little network of sites in place over the course of the next month or so and then see how it goes - I'll keep you posted.

Cheers,
Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home