Name:
Location: Stroud, Glos, United Kingdom

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Never Short of Ideas

I have so much buzzing around in my head at present its difficult to know where to start!

Basically, as the online (and real world business) has slowed now, I really want to try to and spend more time on attempting to create an online AIS income. Dont get me wrong, like many others, I know where my bread and butter is coming from - so, the daytime is spent flat out on improving the shops/online store. (and the evenings are spent looking after the wife/son!) - but, the twilight zone - 10pm till...... will now be spent on MY STUFF.

So, as you know, I got started a couple of nights ago enrolling with Niche Products Monthly - How long I remain a member depends entirely on what the creator comes up with in the coming months. I certainly cant fault his initial package.

As a first timer signing up to this kind of thing, there has been one big aspect that has really surprised me. The number of complete beginners - I dont mean just to AIS but to the internet in general. There is no doubt in my mind that the guy behind NPM is a marketing genius and has a lot to offer. I am just slightly concerned at the number of posts on the forum of the type - "How do I upload my site?". Honestly, the instructions laid out are very, very detailed. I would suggest that if you have never uploaded any kind of site to a standard webhosting package, maybe trying to make a living out of affiliate marketing/adsense on the internet is something that should some later in your career! I sincerely hope that the guys who do know what they are doing (including the creator) are not too put off answering the standard "what is ftp" type questions.

Ok, ok, so I am getting distracted. The frightening thing is, while I am planning total world domination, most of these beginners will probably have uploaded their stock sites and started to reap the benefits. :(

So, what are my big plans? Well they are pretty up in the air at present. But, they evolve around a network of sites. I am thinking along the line of a new/seperate blog, essentially to detail and promote the AIS sites. Not just setting up one AIS per niche but setting up a .co.uk on a UK server, a .com on a US server and several other .info style site on any free webspace I can get my hands on. Interlinking between the sites/blog, etc. Does this sound feasible? - One step further would be the micro-niche site Gary speculated about on his blog a while ago - Take, for example an adsenser about gardening - I could setup my site(s) about gardening, then break it down into spring, summer, autumn, winter, vegetable, flower, organic, low maintenance, patio, water,etc, etc, etc... Multipy this number of sites by the various .coms, .infos, .co.uks, .biz, etc, and you are talking alot of sites built around the same material and all potentially interlinked (from different servers/locations in some cases).

So, I gotta ask, any potential readers, 2 questions. Do you reckon it will work? And, do you know of any (preferably free) tools I can use to make the situation a reality? My first intial concern is creating the content. Obviously, this is where the subscription to NPM comes in but I am still very concerned about duplicate content. Any experiences? I have heard its not a big issue within a certain time frame but would prefer seperate content on each site - just not sure how to go about changing it in a the timeframe I have ( ie, about 2 hours a day working on the whole project! :) )

Ok, enough food for thought for one night.

Any comments very much appreciated at this stage and hopefully in the future I will be able to pay you back with some info on how the project is panning out.

Cheers,
Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home