Name:
Location: Stroud, Glos, United Kingdom

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Bu**er Me, I got page rank

Who would believe it?

Just noticed my site has a PR4 in the google tool bar........ Astonishing.

Since setting up the blog there has been no PR registered and with very few posts during November and December, it wasnt a great surprise.

What is a big surprise is to leap straight in at PR4.

Dont worry, I know full well the importance, or lack of, of the toolbar PR rankings. My Online gift shop appears to be stuck at a permanent PR5 slot, along with every other gift shop listed in DMOZ. In fact, I have found very, very few online shops that have any other PR ranking, above or below the magic 5.

Similarly with blogs - 4 seems to be pretty much the standard number. How it effects your rankings - well, I got a few thoughts regarding blogger and google rankings I want to express in a future post - maybe tomorrow night.

For the time being, I am going to head to bed revelling in the glory of my PR position, and many thanks to all of you visitors who have visited and linked in to richandzhaoyans business update. - I am off now to check the "how much is your blog worth" site - Any offers? I would pretty much settle for a bottle of whisky - but, considering the PR, it would have to be a malt now....

Cheers,
Rich

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have also started a mission like yours :)

http://blog.brightonvibes.com.

Is it ok if I link to your blog in my links section that I am just building?

3:52 PM  
Blogger richandzhaoyan said...

Fill your boots Dave (I take it its Dave?)

Nice looking site you got going.

Cheers,
Rich

1:11 AM  
Blogger richandzhaoyan said...

Ahhh - B*ll*cks,

Seems they have dumped me already - back to PR0 tonight.

Maybe I was hallucinating or maybe it'll be back tomorrow.

To be honest, not too bothered either way - we will get there in the end,

Cheers,
Rich

1:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home