Name:
Location: Stroud, Glos, United Kingdom

Friday, February 10, 2006

Ok,

So, I want to get in to some adsense earnings. Dont need mega bucks, enough to cover my bad habits would be a good start. (Maybe a tenner a day to cover the booze and fags!)

The story so far.....

I have signed up to NPM and have gained alot of ideas, a good few PLR articles and a couple of ready to go adsense sites.

I have a beautiful masterplan of creating a network of sites. As stated, I would love a series of similar sites, built up around stock, modified and hand written - However, and here comes the crunch, I have a dayjob. Not just a run of the mill dayjob - I am self employed!!! Time is very, very limited and the whole "Hand Written" idea, just aint going to work - more to the point, I know if I spent the time working on my internet store, I would get a whole load more back than if I spend my time writing up a load of genuine content for a glorified adsenser.

So, why dont I just do that anyways - work on the internet store at night? Well, you gotta get a break. Plus, this verge of black/white hat marketing is allways going to be blurred and just because I would never consider using black hat techniques on my business site, doesnt mean that I want to be left behind on any white hat marketing methods that will work. Point in case, the whole article submission thing at present seems to be a good way of generating traffic for both black and white hatters - I havent used it for my internet store as yet, but I can see that it would work. Its all about SEO and anyone who says that SEO is no longer important is full of sh*te. Offer me the top ranking position for the likes of Denby Pottery and I will bite your arm off.

So, whats the quandry?

Well, I want to create some adsense earnings. Pure and simple. Forget affiliates or ebooks for the time being. I want money for nothing and a geniuine adsenser is what I am after. I have been following a couple of blogs since last year aimed at the $100/day theory. They seem to have had a mixed success.

On the one hand, Dans AIS Challenge seems to be working well but with a vast majority of the income coming from one site - which has involved a little "extra" promotion. Plus, reading Dans posts, he seems to have a few compunctions about using totally scraped sites.

Then again, on the $1 A Day site, there seems to be absolutely no morals/worries about using scraper sites to generate adsense income and seems to be doing equally well out of it. Maybe with the income coming a little more "across the board".

If anyone has got this far and would like to comment then I would love to hear what your views are on scraper sites - do they work, do you consider them black hat, would you use software such as rssg to "throw" the sites up or would you modify them in an attempt to make them appear genuine? Comments from the above bloggers would be very welcome.

What road should I follow? Hand built and hand written articles? Modified articles or out and out scrapers? I just get the feeling I need sites and lots of them. Is this wrong? Will quality allways outwheigh quantity?

Go on, give us your thoughts,
Cheers,
Rich

4 Comments:

Blogger richandzhaoyan said...

Hey Gary - You are talking to a shopkeeper here! $500 Yikes.

Seriously, of course I could find $500 if I knew for definate that I would get a decent return on it.

Can you clarify exactly what you use the site generator for? Presumably you would be looking at using it to put a series of articles together, in which case what is the advantage of this over a simple cms system?

If the site generator actually "generates" its own content then what makes it any different from the rssg type software?

Obviously I need to find some kind of common ground between total spam sites and a real content site of the type I really dont have the time to create.

If you get chance to recommend a site generator, either here or on your blog, it would be much appreciated. However, in order to part with my hard earned, I would need to know what the software can do for me and how exactly to use it to get the $500 back! ie, I dont need pointing in the direction of a sales letter page telling me just how many millions I am going to make but would prefer just a simple list of the softwares features.

Cheers,
Gary.

10:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've messed around with RSSG quite a bit, and I like it a lot. It is really easy to understand, and with a little work you can customize it to do just about anything. For example, I've made modules that scrape article sites automatically, and even one that pulls information from an XMLTV feed to display information about my favorite TV show. The possibilities are endless with an open source content generator.

I'm not at all familar with the site generators that are available for purchase, and cannot comment on them. However, starting your quest to make daily beer money $500 in the hole doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.

My basic philosophy with site generators is to try to pull together information automatically and display it in a way that offers a new value to the visitor. And to make as much money as possible in the process.

12:09 AM  
Blogger richandzhaoyan said...

Cheers Dan,

I agree entirely about spending the $500. As yet, I have no solid proof (from myself) that this whole adsense caper works, or, given that it certainly appears to be working for a few of you, proof that I can actually convert it myself. If I could get a couple of sites up making just a few dollars then I would have more confidence to invest money into the "masterplan".

I am hoping to get a few sites up this month. I am going to throw up the adsensers provided by the NPM subscription onto subdomains. Then try and rework the articles into a cms site. I reckon that will keep me busy the next couple of weeks - I only get an hour or two a day to play with it and its a pretty big learning curve.

As well as the above two strategies, I will certainly take a more in depth look into the rssg software. I reckon, as you appear to be doing, it would be best used to add content as part of a site - not be the site. If you get my drift!!!

Just one quick question - Does your article module differ at all from the one that is part of the rssgm version? If so any chance of a look?

Cheers for posting,
Rich

3:41 PM  
Blogger richandzhaoyan said...

Everything bar the washing up? Pity, that is pretty much the main feature I was looking for - :)

Seriously Gary - If I knew what it was I am looking for, I would probably go down the same route. Did you get your site creator for somewhere in the region of $500? If so, I would think it would be well worth it if it creates sites unique to yourself. Most of the commercial site creators would cost something along those lines and would create sites identical in structure to anyone else who bought the software.

If you have paid a great deal more then I would guess selling the tool on is probably what you have in mind.

Cheers,
Rich

1:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home