Name:
Location: Stroud, Glos, United Kingdom

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Supersize Me

Right, as you know, this month my free time has been dominated by the adsense dream. I will post an pucker business update, relating to the online gift shop sometime during the next couple of days but, right here, right now its adsense.

Niches - Why? I admit that I am very green to the whole adsense income scene and all I read about it is related to niches.

Why should they go hand in hand?

The method I employ with my gift shop is quite simple - more products = more site pages = more search engine saturation = more visitors = more sales......... (Actually that is missing one very important factor - price - online or off, this is the be all and end all of sales - forget things like customer satisfaction and website design - customers will put up with alot if the price is right, at least that is what I am finding)

I am wavering, forget the shop, we are not looking for sales, just adsense clicks. Surely the more pages you have, the greater the search engine saturation, the more visitors, the more adsense cliks.

My current theory is this:- Forget looking for niches - just create supersites and the niches will follow. You dont get much more niche than Jesus Christ on a piece of sheet metal !! The other big advantage of a Super Site is that it contains a whole load of internal links - with the key search terms in the links if the site is planned properly.

Of course, my theory is unproven and one downside that I believe exists is the fact that the search engines like a site to grow over time, so it may be a case of putting your super site together over a period of time, rather than the much loved create, ftp, submit and forget type AIS sites that seem to be abundant in the niche fraternity.

Well, I am going to give it a try - watch this space, but dont expect too many immediate results unless there is a sudden rush on people wanting to find out about JC's sheet metalworking skills.

Cheers,
Rich

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home