Name:
Location: Stroud, Glos, United Kingdom

Friday, March 03, 2006

March Already.... Slight change of focus

Ok, I know alot of you are posting your adsense/affiliate earnings at the end of each month and I am very appreciative of it. It makes for great reading and is an inspiration - for this reason, I am not going to publish my adsense earnings as they are still less than 10 bucks (by a fair margin!)

I know I have posted a lot this month about AIS but the truth is, I only have the one site properly indexed by the search engines at present.

However, I have been busy this month and have setup the sites that are part of my NPM subscription. I have set one up on its own domain, and the rest on a subdomain with a wordpress site on the main domain. I have worked so that I can now add the new sites, with their own templates into the same environement each month with very little hassle. In this case though I am not changing the content so how effective they will be, only time will tell.

Other AIS news, well, the original content site is still "under construction" and could be for some time. But, I have been going flat out on an rssg site. This is going to be my Supersize me site and will only use rssg to provide "padding", the site will use Wordpress as the front end. I have just taken out some reseller hosting to put the site on so it will become a reality over the next few days (hopefully).

Unfortunately for my AIS plans, I have got to spend the next month or two creating a new, genuine, osC site. My business partner ("Dad" - nigh on 60, one heart attack, no knowledge of computers, but loving the way the internet business is going!) has decided we should move into gardening and housewares. This is what he sells in his shop but, due to the success of the gift shop, we are now going to try it online, selling through my warehouse.

I wouldnt be surprised if it doesnt overtake the Gift Shop by this time next year. We have one major wholesaler who stocks about 18000 lines and can deliver twice a week so I am hoping to just create/design a suitable osC store, upload the suppliers catalogue and get selling! Timescale? - A month or two? Sound realistic - sure if I start to work on this instead of the AIS until 2 am every night.

Wish me luck and hopefully, the couple of AISers I have managed to churn out will start to bring me in a little "pocket money" sometime in the near future - Who knows, maybe I will be able to publish my adsense earnings next month, provided they break the $10 barrier ;)

Cheers,
Rich

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Best of luck Rich,

I have been following this blog for a while now and it seems you have a real drive and passion with regards to your online business :) !

I'm sure you will succeed with the new gardening site as you have with the gift store !

Regards,
Ed

5:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home